Project Manager- Low Rise
About the job
Project Managers oversee and direct the preparation and administration of construction documents and contracts as required by the project. They are ultimately responsible for budgets, schedules, contracts, cost control. They are the project lead in planning and organizing all documentation for a project, including site logistics. Project Managers should be detail-oriented problem solvers with the ability to meet deadlines and work with various personality types. Strong oral and written communication skills are key. Project Managers are organized and able to prioritize and delegate a large, diverse range of tasks.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Construction, the role and responsibility of the PC includes, but is not limited to the following, as it relates to any current or proposed project Valour Capital may undertake.
• Develop, maintain, and execute construction schedules to ensure full completion of homes prior to the closing date 100% of the time.
• Be the main contact for trade partners and Valour offices, offering direction, support, prioritization, delegation, and execution of all documents through the life cycle of the project.
• Assess site issues and generate solutions that maintain quality, schedule, and budget.
• Coach, motivate and develop skills of Jr Project managers and Project Coordinators.
• Steward the site’s Health & Safety requirements and participate in training and development as required.
• Develop scopes of work, solicit bids and award contracts for all trades. Ensure trade conformance to contract documents.
• Coordinate and schedule, with the subcontractors, all required inspections by Municipal Inspectors, Engineers, architects, 3rd Party Consultants, Owners, ESA, TSSA, and other governing authorities. Ensure work requiring inspection is not concealed prior to sign-offs.
• Prepare and submit, with the subcontractors, Requests for Information where we discover interferences, lack of details, unspecified or misspecified materials and equipment.
• Prepare and submit, with the subcontractors, estimated additional costs for required work not specified in the contract documents. Track responsibility for extra costs incurred.
• Order and arrange delivery of materials required for site activities performed by own forces. This should be done in advance and in bulk where possible.
• Develop and maintain the project budget, schedule, cash flow, submittals, RFIs, changes, tender documents, contracts, Municipal sign-offs, Consultant sign-offs, and closeout documents.
• Cost-code all employee timesheets and invoices to the Project Budget cost codes on a weekly basis.
• Minimum 5 years of construction project management experience, preferably in low-rise residential construction methods.
• Post-secondary education (e.g., Construction Technology, Carpentry, Civil Engineering, etc.) preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite including MS Project.
• Experience with Procore and Jonas considered assets.
• Expert in reading and reviewing blueprints/floor plans.
• Results-orientated professional with the ability to hold others accountable to high standards.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with diverse groups of people.
• Valid G Driver’s License.
WHAT WE OFFER / WHY WORK WITH US
We are a work environment that cares about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual. At Valour Group, you will have the ability to make a difference and have a lasting impact. We are committed to continuous learning and professional development with excellent opportunity for advancement within the organization.
• Join a dynamic, collaborative, high performing team of professionals.
• Work in a modern, spacious office, with impressive amenities.
• Excel with opportunities professional development and career advancement.
• Participate in frequent employee engagement events.
• Receive a competitive salary and health benefits plan.
Valour Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.